Saturday, November 26, 2011

He may increase so I may decrease!

Tonight I was humbled by the Lord! Since I have been here in Africa I have been doing Priscilla Shirer study on the book of Jonah. This last week the Lord has been showing me all about my selfishness. Just been showing me how I am so much like Jonah in that I want things my way and when they do not I get angry with the Lord. I act like a child in which I throw temper tantrums. Tonight I decided to watch a sermon by Louie Giglio and it was all about the Glory of God. How we are all created in the image of God in order that we would be the reflection of God. All things are created by God, for God and through God. He used the example of a telescope. He said that many times in life we have the telescope turned the wrong way in which the end we are supposed to look out of is turned and the other end of the telescope many times is pointing at us. We live life that way in which we want people to see us. We want the bigger end of the telescope on us. We are saying look down here at us. When we need to turn this telescope around and start looking up. We need to get our eyes off of us and start looking at up at God. It is then we become small. We realize how big God truly is. We realize how insignificant we are when compared to God. Yet, the coolest thing is that though we are insignificant when compared to God, He still chooses to love us! This huge God who created the whole being pursues and wants to be a part of our lives. He wants to use us so that we may reflect His glory! Wow! How cool is this! God who doesn’t need us still chooses to use us but it is all for Him! He works everything out for Him! The prayer of my heart is that He may increase so that I may decrease…I pray this for everyone who may be reading this! So I encourage you all tonight to go outside and look up and be humbled and in awe of our creator who adores you and calls you beloved! Who we do not deserve anything from except judgment which is death!

No comments:

Post a Comment