Monday, August 1, 2011

Mcd's Cheeseburger for breakfast....Amazing!

Hello everyone! I am still alive and well in Africa actually I am beginning to find myself falling in love with place more and more as the days go on…go figure! Anyways, I just wanted to write a little bit because I have a lot on my heart. First, thank you to all who left birthday messages and whatnot they were definitely appreciated. It was a little overwhelming to get on and see in my notice thing on Facebook how many messages were left. I am not going to lie it was really cool and humbling. Thank you! I did want to write and say I did have an amazing birthday. We actually made a weekend out of it. Thursday night we went out to eat with the Steve and Monica Allen the missionary we are helping out with here for a birthday dinner and then we went to a show the local school put on and it was really good! Then Friday we packed but before we did that Steve and Monica and the kids had made me a cake for my birthday and so they gave me that and it was so good! It was so funny because the only candles they had were a 2 and a 1 so I got to be turning 21 again which I am totally okay with. We did that and had cake and then we left for South Africa. Friday night I decided I wanted Italian food so Sienna and Monica and some friends that we met up with all went out to eat at this Italian place for dinner and can I say I think I had the cheesiest mac and cheese I have ever had in my life but it was really good. Then Sat. was my actual birthday so Sienna and I went to the mall and we shopped like all day but before we did that Monica took us to Mcd’s for breakfast! After we went shopping we went to this place called Mugg and Bean and I think I had the best hamburger I have ever eaten in my whole entire life. It was called the sunrise burger and was so good and then Sienna and I went and saw Larry Crowne (a movie at the movie theatre). Then we went back to hangout while Monica went to go pick up the next team which is here serving in Swaziland this week from the airport. Then when she got back we out to eat for dinner and while there they told them it was my b-day and they brought out some ice-cream with a sparkler in it and sang some little song. It was really funny and lots of fun! Then on Sunday we went to Mcd’s again and this time I ordered a cheeseburger meal with fries for breakfast (b/c it does not matter you can get the full menu all day even during bfast)….It was so funny I never knew I would think Mcd’s was so good in my life! I even ordered a meal for the road. The only downfall no sweet tea...but that is okay! Then we left and came back to Swaziland. Last night we left and came to Manzini where we decided we would celebrate Christmas in July. We played Christmas music while making cookies and then at one point we got out Christmas gift wrapping paper and made elf hats. It was so much. Then this morning when I woke up I had received a package from Bradley so it really felt like Christmas…it was great! Overall, it was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment